Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.

"Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" is really just a feel good book. It's not suspenseful or exciting, you just read it because you want to read a really great book. The story reminds me of the book "The Help" it has strong female characters and it kind of focuses on African-American rights. The book is really good and I think that most people will enjoy reading it.

This book is about Cecelia Rose Honeycutt, the daughter of a mentally ill woman named Camille. When CeeCee's mom's illness starts to take a turn for the worst CeeCee basically has to raise herself and become her mother's babysitter. When things start to change in her life her father decides that it would be best for her to move to Savannah with her Great-Aunt Tootie. When CeeCee and Tootie get to Savannah CeeCee meets Oletta, Aunt Tootie's cook. Her and Oletta form a very strong friendship and end up becoming best friends.

I thought that this book was really great. The book started of REALLY slow, but I pushed myself to keep reading and I ended up really enjoying it. If I had to say one thing that I didn't like about the book it would be that the antagonist doesn't really do much in the story, she doesn't make the story more intense. Other than that though the book was really good and I enjoyed reading it. A-

No comments: