Monday, January 30, 2012

I Am Number Four ~ by Pittacus Lore


The first thing you think when you start reading the first chapter of this book is, 'What the heck?' But trust me, when you get into it, you can't ever put it down. This book is extremely engaging and action-packed, with a little romance here and there. Overall, I loved it.

Number Four, (also known as John Smith), is an escapee from the destroyed planet Lorien. See, these aliens from the planet Mogadore, another life sustaining planet other than Earth and Lorien, attacked the Loric people killing all, except for 9. These 9 children were put on a ship and taken to Earth to escape the Mogadorian's rath. So now these hostile aliens are tracking down the 9, killing them off one by one. They've already killed the first 3, now John is next. He and his Cepan, Henri (the man sent to protect him), stop in Paradise, Ohio. There, John does as he always does. Tries to fit in and not call attention to himself. John finally finds a place for him in this small town, and doesn't want to leave. Only when the Mogadorians attack, will he find he didn't make the wisest decision.

I found this book unique, and very well planned out. It totally leaves you at a cliff-hanger, and I didn't want it to ever end. I would give it an A, but because of the cussing, (just wanting to warn you, there's quite a bit), I'll stick to an A-. I highly recommend this book, and I'm pretty sure you'll like it as much as I did.

1 comment:

msladybug98 said...

I haven't seen the movie they made of this book yet. I would like to keep it that way, and read the book first. I hope I like it as much as you did!