Monday, January 9, 2012

Catching Fire

Catching Fire is the sequel to the Hunger Games, in the first book we meet Katniss from District 12 who is picked to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a competition in which 24 kids are placed in an arena to fight to the death. Katniss and her friend Peeta survive the Hunger Games and return home to District 12. In Catching Fire we find her living a life of ease, now rich and able to provide for her family, but she has problems choosing between Gale and Peeta, also the Capitol is angered by her act against the Capitol by accidentally starting a rebellion in the Districts.

Eventually Katniss and Peeta are forced to go on the Victory Tours around the 12 Districts which is when winners of the Hunger Games parade across the country. After the tours the Quarter Quell begins, the Quarter Quell is a special Hunger Games that happens every 25 years. In this Quarter Quell, all past winners of the Hunger Games are sent back including Katniss and Peeta. Little comfort waits for them as they return to the horrors of the Hunger Games.

I liked this book though at times it's slow, and the teenage romance is overdone. I think the book who've been fine without the romance. Also I like the first book better; there were not as many dull parts in the first book. The action is more intense and I don't feel the anxiety I felt in the first book. Altogether I liked this book, I just hope Mocking jay is just as good!

3 comments:

chocolatetot said...

I love this book too! It is my favorite out of the series! and you gave it a great review! great job!

dancergirl(: said...

This is one of my favorite books, and I agree that it is the best in the series! You did a really great review, enjoyed reading it!

Mushu said...

I also really loved this book and I look forward to reading the series again! Great job on the reveiw!