Monday, January 30, 2012

Nightlight: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon


In this hilarious parody of Stephine Meyer's Twilight, Belle Goose is moving away from her childlike mother and stepfather. In Switchblade, Oregon, where her father (the town's only window wiper) lives, Belle's whole life changes.

At her new school, Belle notices a boy named Edwart Mullen. He is a nerd, who is seriously scared of germs. Of course Belle looks at him and thinks that his abnormalities make him a vampire. Intrigued by this, Belle desperately tries to get Edwart to date her. She soon succeeds. When Edwart won't bite and and Belle realized that he is not a real vampire, Belle dumps Edwart.

Belle meets a real vampire, and starts dating him. She goes to a dance with this vampire, Josh, and is almost killed. She runs away, realizing that Josh is controlling and possessive,and flees from him
to Edwarts house. She discovers that she loves Edwart, so they share some butterfly kisses.

This work of fiction was a hilarious parody to Twilight. I enjoyed how the authors made fun of Bella's desperation in Twilight to have a boyfriend, and also proved that it is not necessary to have a boyfriend. This book is so funny because Belle is oblivious to the fact that she is an idiot, and acts like she is amazing. I would recommend this book to anyone who is tired of all the buzz of Twilight. I would give this book a B+ rating.

2 comments:

msladybug98 said...

I read this book...it was interesting...Nightlight is a funny parody and I am not a big fan of the Twilight series so it's not a big deal for me, but I felt it wasn't so funny or intriguing for me!

Praying4NoWar said...

I really like parodies of Twilight, never read the series before, but I hate things that are popular. Oldies and antiques catch my interest more than anything. And I really like parodies of popular things, like how Weird Al has so many songs that make fun of the normal song or other things. I might try this book.