Saturday, March 31, 2012

Matched- Ally Condie

I've tried reading this book a few times, and it was really hard for me to get into. I tried reading it again this month and I really liked it! Although, it wasn't one of my favorites.
This book is about life in the future. Cassia lives in a society where everything is decided for her. What she eats, wears, even who she'll marry. Every time someone turns 17 they go to a Match banquet to see, on a screen, the person they are matched to. Her case is unusual because she gets matched with her best friend, Xander. This doesn't happen often. They give every matched person a micro card to find out more about their match. She already knows everything there is to know about Xander, but just to be sure, she checks it out. First everything is normal, Xander's face shows up but suddenly it changes to a different guy. The weirdest thing is, she knows the other guy, Ky, too. 
This leaves her second guessing her real match, Xander. She's caught between 2 guys, knowing that one of them is untouchable. Cassia finds out more about herself and other people throughout this crazy journey that she calls her life. The book ends with something unexpected but at the same time gives you hope.
There is more to the story than you would think, but I wouldn't want to give anything away that might ruin the story for you. I thought this book was very well written and I would recommend it to anyone. 
This book made me realize that society, or officials shouldn't be able to plan your life for you. I would actually want a say in my life, and Cassia shows that you can make your own path in life.
This book does have a sequel, Crossed, and another book after that, Reached. 


2 comments:

Jess! said...

This looks like a really good book(: I've been thinking about reading it for a while and I think I will now, is it part of a series? Thanks for reviewing it(:

PurpleNinjaLA said...

I just finished this book the other day and I absolutely loved it! Good review! :)