Saturday, March 31, 2012

Alex Rider: Point Blank

Point Blanc is an academy that is located in an area in the French Alps that is only accessible by helicopter. Creepy right? It is an academy for rich boys whose parents think that their sons aren't responsible enough. Seems real enough. Rich people do weird things like that. The thing is that two rich men have died mysteriously, both of which have had students at the academy. The English MI6 think that this could be worth investigating. The problem is that only and actual boy could be used as a spy. So, they call in Alex Rider. Alex was just an average British teenager until his uncle died. Then Alex discovered through his own investigation that his uncle was actually a spy. When the MI6 find out that he has discovered them, they made him a spy at once. He has already gone on one mission for them, and showed a great amount of skill as he saved many lives. Alex Rider then has to enroll in the academy as a student to find out what is actually going on at Point Blanc.

This sci-fi book called Point Blank was written by Anthony Horowitz and is the second book in the Alex Rider series. I thought that this was a very entertaining and interesting book. It had a lot of action and suspense that made me keep reading until I finished the book. It's a bit like a James Bond movie, except instead of James Bond being the main character, this book has Alex Rider. It even doesn't have any romance!

One of the opinions that the author puts in this book is that Rich teenagers are irresponsible. I do not agree with this. Yes I can see why he would think that, but then you have some rich teenagers that are extremely responsible. Some examples of these are young artists like Scotty McCreery and Taylor Swift. Both of them are pretty rich and are still really responsible. They know who they are and are focused on their lives, not on their money like the author suggests.

In the series called Artemis Fowl, Artemis is a highly intelligent teenager who is extremely smart, but at the same time extremely rich. He is smarter than almost every human being in the world and even one of the richest. Eoin Colfer presented this idea in accordance with my own thoughts on the subject. Eoin's opinion is completely different than Anothony's on this subject, and Eoin's book shows his point of view. I think that he even proves it in his book better than Anothony.

I may not agree with one of Anothony Horowitz's opinion, but I do not think that this is the reason that he wrote the book, and it certainly isn't the reason I read the book. The reason I did like this book so much though is because of how interesting it was. I mean Point Blank, what an interesting and awesome title. The book also had much of the action that I am always looking for in a book. This book and series is well worth reading, but make sure you start reading it when you have a lot of free time.A

4 comments:

Flippin Dolphins said...

Hey nice job on the review. How did you not go on and on without spoiling it?

Sir Knight said...

I don't know, I guess I've just had a lot of practice. I mean, I've been doing it since October.

LeBron James6 said...

I read the first one of this series. I thought it was kind of boring but after reading your book review I might have to reread the book and finish the series! Nice Job!

harryoemarbakrie said...

nice post guys



Pro point blank