Friday, March 30, 2012

The Boy in the Stiped Pajamas by John Boyne

This book was really sad. In the beginning, it is a slow starting, so it was a little hard to get into. But by the end, I couldn't put it down. It was such a suspenseful book and a heart stopper. The genre is historical fiction.

Bruno is a kid that lived in Berlin, but had to move. The house he first lived in was a dream home. Huge rooms, 3 floors, and many many more things. His dads job was relocated, so the whole family had to move. The maids, his sister, and his parents. When they moved, Bruno didn't like the house. He wanted to move back to Berlin and live there forever. Soon after, he made a new friend. His name was Shmuel. He was a Jew. He had to stay on the other side of the fence but the two still became good friends. Shmuel got food from Bruno and they talked everyday. The were friends for about a year and then decided to do something that was unbelievable.

I enjoyed this book. I would give it an A, it was a very good book. Though it might not have been a true story, it was written liked it seemed it was true.This book really moved me to be grateful for the time I live in now. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to learn about history. If you haven't read this, you should.

4 comments:

Parkin' Lot said...

Sounds like a pretty good book. Is it in a series?

Abbey Road said...

Is this during World War II?

Flounder said...

I thought this book was really good but also very depressing. Didn't they make it into a movie?

DJHannahJedi said...

I've seen the movie, and I want to read the book now! I like your review. You didn't give too much away. It's also short, sweet, and to the point!