Monday, March 19, 2012

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Hunger Games is an amazing book, where there is a Capitol, and twelve different districts. Katniss Everdeen is a girl that lives in district twelve and life there pretty much stinks. Almost everyone there is poor and has a hard time living. Katniss basically has to take care of her family because her father died a few years ago. She hunts in the woods, which is illegal but she has to do it to stay alive. She hunts with her friend named Gale. Katniss loves her little sister, Primrose, and will do anything to keep her safe. So on the day of the reaping when two tributes, a boy and a girl, of each district are chosen to be in the Hunger Games, Primrose gets her name drawn, so she is one of the tributes. Katniss decides to volunteer and take her little sisters place in the Games. The boy tribute is Peeta a boy that helped save Katniss's life, Katniss is torn since she knows there can only be one tribute standing at the end of the Games.


Before the Games start all twenty-four of the tributes get to practice for the Games and meet their mentors that will help send them supplies and give them advice. Peeta and Katniss's mentor tells them to pretend to be in love to get more sponsors. Katniss needs to win if she wants to see her little sister again, but at the same time she can't seem to see the boy that saved her life die. She knows it's a life or death matter and puts it in her head that she will fight until the death.

This book is so good it is very entertaining and keeps you reading until you are finished. I think the author might be telling you that no one controls your life except for you because of at the end of the book when Katniss goes to outsmart the Game makers. This book is super good and I would give it an A+. I loved it and I would recommend this book to everyone! Also the Hunger Game movie is coming out soon.

5 comments:

Praying4NoWar said...

I absolutely love this book, but not the entire series. I hope they only do the first book in the movie, which is the usual thing producers do.

airjordan said...

Hopefully the movie doesn't suck like most movies they try to make from books. I am really excited to see it.

cri-kee said...

This book was probably my favorite out of this series. And I loved the movie.

Mushu said...

I hope they continue with the movies. The first was a major success and I loved it! But of course the books are better.

reader792 said...

The first time I tried to read this book, I wasn't interested. Now I am reading the series and loving it! I also loved the movie. I hope they continue with the movies!