Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rippler

       Rippler by, Cidney Swanson was simply amazing.  This is a great fictional book for teenagers, especially girls! It includes everything, from mystery to romance. This book is one of the best books I have read in a long time!

       This book tells the story of 15 year old, Samantha Ruiz. Samantha lives in a small town with her dad and step mom. Her real mom died in a car accident when Samantha was very young. Samantha has struggled to make friends her whole life. Her only friends are Will and Gwyn, who she met through the track team they are all on.

       One day the track team is on a river trip together. Samantha accidentally falls into the water and no one can find her. She soon realizes they can not find her because her body has disappeared. All of the sudden her body appears again and, Will, her friend saw the whole thing.  Luckily no one else saw. Samantha starts to freak out but Will stays very calm like everything is fine.

      After they return home from their river trip later that day. Samantha and Will go out to eat and talk about the events of the day. Samantha soon finds out she can "ripple" or in other words become invisible, and so can Will. She also finds out that almost everyone in the past with this "ripple" gene has disappeared or gotten killed.

       The rest of the book is full of mystery, romance and a lot of suspense! Some of the issues that arose in this book were, the author did not describe the characters very well. I could not imagine what any of the characters would look like in real life. I also thought there was not enough romance! One chapter is definitely not enough. I wish the book would have told a little more in the end also, but overall it was still pretty amazing.

       I loved this book so much! In fact I have already started reading the second book, Chameleon! I loved this book because I just could not put it down. Once I started I could not stop, especially at the end. I definitely would recommend this to anyone looking for a quality fictional book!

2 comments:

Abbey Road said...

How many books are in the series?

WillowStorm1723 said...

I've seen this book before. I really want to read it now, because I wasn't quite sure what it was about before. Thanks!