Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Eve

Eve by Anna Carey is one of those cheesy teen romance books. I was surprised by some of the material that was involved. The setting is an all girls school set in a post-apocalyptic time. These girls, brought to this school from ages 5 to 18, were taught their whole lives the dangers of men and how evil and mean they are. The teachers are really strict about their health and about rules. Eve soon finds out what happens to the girls when they reach 18. Its very surprising and gross. But I don't want to tell you because I will spoil it for you if you want to read it. She realizes the danger she is put in, and she tries to decide what to do. Until one of her teachers (the nice one) helps her escape her school and she has to leave her friends behind. When she does leave, she is in like a whole different world and of course, she meets a boy. They eventually fall in love, they get in a fight, he leaves, she cries, they make up again and soon realize they cant be together. Its all very tragic.
But there are many moments that I just couldn't put the book down. There was a lot of action and scary parts that were very interesting. The idea of this book was very clever but I think it could be written without the....certain chapters. Some of the chapters didn't make sense to me. But the chapters that I did understand were very good and had really good action. The way the author describes things in the book is very cheesy and weird. There is lots of death, minor blood, and very little swearing. But overall this book is exciting, descriptive but most of all strange and confusing. I would suggest reading this book if your in a strange mood and are willing cheesiness.

1 comment:

Layla said...

This sounds really interesting! I'm gonna try it.