Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy is a true stroy


Yellow star is about a young girl named Estrella, who lived a happy normal life. Her happy life quickly turned into a horror life.


Estrella is a small six year old Jewish girl who lives in Poland. Her life has been the same as any young kids until 1939. Germans came in, and invaded her house. This poor little girl and her family were sent to the camps, for many of years. They fought hunger, abuse, and even death.
Estrella even tried to run away and got locked up in a cellar with her younger cousin, and her oldest sister Dora. Every day she fought for her life, and almost lost her family. Even her friend she met in the camp was killed in a gas chamber. Her family hid in graves so they wouldn’t get killed!

After long, hard years of living in a camp, and trying to survive there fight was over! They had won. 270,000 people entered the camps, and only 800 left alive. Only twelve of them were kids. One of them was Estrella.


I liked this book, but it was very hard for me to read. Yellow Star made me cry and made me think how well we have it here. I would recommend this book to many of people. I would also not recommend this book to people. I wish I would of stopped during the book , but I couldn’t. You definitely have to be strong to read this book. Even if you are strong you will still tear up.
Grade : B

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love reading books about the Holocaust! They're so interesting.

msladybug98 said...

Books like these are very sad, and to think this actually happened. This kind of story reminds me of the book The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

Praying4NoWar said...

I work in a library. I've passed this book a number of times, and everytime, I pull it out and look at the cover. Then I put it back. I really want to read this book.

galaxygymnast said...

thanks tarr. k i like them to. mrslafybug98 it is very hard to think about but it is true1 very sad. thanks Praying4NoWar im glad i inspiered you to read it.