Monday, February 6, 2012

Unwind

This is probably the creepiest book on the face of the earth. This book is written in the future, but I'm not sure if it's post-apocalyptic. In this world, there are too many kids being born that are not wanted. The people in charge have a major problem. So, they came up with this thing called Unwinding. It is a terrible thing to be unwound. You are still alive, but you're taken apart and your body parts are sold to people who have lost those body parts in the past. It's LEGAL to do this people!
       Example: Your eyes would go to a blind person. This kid, Connor, is filed for Unwinding. He decides that's NOT gonna happen. He runs away, taking two kids with him. Risa, an orphan pianist who was going to be unwound because of budget cuts. And Lev, a Tithe. A tithe is a child sacrificed because of religious principles.
       The three of them try to get to this place called The Graveyard. It's a place where old, broken airplanes are recycled, not unlike the kids who are Unwound. I hated this book. It creeped me out and left me with an unsatisfied feeling. I would give it a F.

8 comments:

jordan miles said...

How could someone bring themselves to even think about doing that to a person. i just think that it is messed up and dont even want to think about reading it.

The Music lord said...

Wow, this book really sounds like one you could read for a scary story!

Abbey Road said...

That sounds disgusting. I'm glad you told me about it or else I probably would have read it with high expectations.

Skyler R said...

This book sounds like something worth reading. Books like this make me feel a lot more grateful for what I have. By the way abbey road is a wonderful name

Castiel'sGirl said...

I thought it was a great book I loved it and @Abbey Road you should still read it

chocolatetot said...

this is a great book! i loved it! and Abbey Road, you should still read it!

reader792 said...

I loved this book. I didn't think it was that disturbing. It's not that scary either. It just gets kind of wierd sometimes. Abbey Road, I think you would like it. I read it with a group of people and not a single person didn't like it.

Layla said...

You guys!!! I gave it an F for a reason!!!