Sunday, February 26, 2012

Midnight For Charlie Bone




When my friend insisted me to read this book, I wasn't too thrilled. I didn't pick it up for at least three days after getting it. But the I read the first page... And I was hooked.


Charlie Bone is a young boy, with a interesting life. His father is supposed dead, he lives with his extended family, and he really only has one friend. He lives in a house with a big chestnut tree in the front, along with his two grandmothers, his mom, and his grandmother's brother. His friend is Benjamin Brown, a boy whose parents are almost never home.

The story starts when Charlie gets a picture to make a birthday card for Benjamin. But the pictures are mixed up. He instead gets a picture of a man holding a baby. And when the man in the picture start talking, everything goes wild.


Jenny Nimmo, the author, is one of the best writers I've ever discovered. Usually I would settle for some fantasy-fairytale with monsters and ghouls trying to get some ancient, magical item. Yet, this book captures my mind. I was always trying to predict what would happen, but everything is almost opposite of what I think. It's truly an amazing story.

1 comment:

Angsty White Boy said...

Loved this book! Almost done with the series!