Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'll Find You by Clair M. Poulson

I'll Find You, by Clair M. Poulson, is a marvelous story. Poulson has written many books that include: Vengeance, Don't Cry Wolf, Hunted, and obviously I'll Find You.
"I'll find you," are the words that 4 year old Jeri Satch said to her friend, Rusty Egan, as he was being abducted. The morning started out with the sound of children's laughter floating into the second story window as Mindy Egan was cleaning her house. Then, in a blink of an eye, Mindy Egan had seen her son, Rusty Egan, pulled into a green car and see the car vanish as it turned onto a different street. As all parents would do, Mindy Egan told her husband, Patrick Egan, to call the police as she stood in terror. From that moment on, Mindy and Patrick Egan had a prayer in their hearts that they will find Rusty and that justice will be served. But, deep down, though they would never admit it, they knew that they will never see their son, Rusty Egan, ever again...until one day when Jeri recognizes him because of his radiant blue eyes.

I'll Find You by Clair M. Poulson is an interesting book that I eventually came to love by the end. This book is a unique novel; It combines suspense, cleverness, with a little chick-flicky-ness all into one great book. In this book, Poulson has integrated many of his opinions into this epic adventure. One of which is never give up. I totally agree with Poulson. You should never give up on anything even if it might appear that you have lost everything. One of the main issues that this book brings up is that we can't judge people by their looks. This book, made me realize that in today's society, our first thought after meeting someone new is judged on their appearance. We don't take the time to actually look at the person inside. After reading this great book, my opinions changed about judging people.

Here is an example from the text to prove my point.
Pink: "I wouldn't be so interested with that guy. Ya know, he used to be an ex-convict."

Jeri: "Do you have a few minutes? I'd like to tell you a story."

(Jeri tells Pink the horrendous past of Rusty Egan.)

Pink: "I'm sorry. I didn't know. I'm indebted to you for telling me."

Pg. 174-175

For any of you readers interested in reading this book, I just want to warn you about a few things. First, this book deals a lot with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (also know as the Mormon or LDS) religion. Second, this book is extremely complicated at times, so be aware of what is happening in the story because everything important is not obvious at the beginning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I actually want to read this. Thanks:)