Monday, March 25, 2013

Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25

     Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans is about a kid named Michael Vey. He is a 9th grader who is a little bit unique. He lives in Idaho. Besides that, not only does Michael have Tourette's syndrome, but he also has the ability to shock people when he is in contact with them. When Taylor Ridley, a cheerleader that Michael Vey has had a crush on since first seeing her, witnesses him using his ability on the school bully, he soon finds out that she also has a special ability. She can "reboot" people's minds, making them forget what they were doing. She can also read the minds of anyone she is touching. Taylor, Michael, and Michael's friend, Ostin, decide to make a club called the Electroclan. Not long after that, the Electroclan discovers that there are more electric kids. Later, Taylor and Michael find out that they got a scholarship to the Elgen Academy, a school where these electric kids are being kept. After that, Michael's mom gets kidnapped by the person running the Elgen Academy. Michael goes to rescue her, and stop the Elgen.

     This was a fun book to read. I enjoyed the characters and plot. There was also a lot of humor in this book. I recommend that you read it. A.

1 comment:

Pa-Joules said...

I'm reading this book right now! Well, actually I'm listening to it. It took me a few seconds to realize that Ostin's name was spelt like that... Listening to it, I assumed it was just Austin. :) I like this book so far, but I don't think it's as great as that dude who came to brag to us thought it was. I still like Harry Potter the best!!