Friday, March 8, 2013

MIchael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25

     The amazing sci-fi, action packed book Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans very well displays the writing abilities of this great author. For the very first young adult book ever written by Evans, it was very impressive. This book greatly focuses on friendship and unity and learning how to work with others to succeed. It also focuses on choosing good over evil no matter what.
     You start out from the point of view of a middle school student who has tourrette's syndrome and has many struggles in his life. This isn't any ordinary kid though, Michael Vey was born with the ability to shock people when he touched them. Michael had to move from place to place very frequently as a child because he would often have accidents involving his unique ability. One day, Michael uses his powers on the bullies of his school and the cutest girl in school happens to see him use his powers.
     Michael not too later on that this girl Taylor also has special electrical abilities. With the help of Michael's best friend Ostin they discover that there may be more children like them. Suddenly Michael and Taylor get invited to a very private school in California, and that's when things start to get weird. The rest of the book is very gripping and I found myself in agony every time i had to put the book down.
    I found this book very interesting and I never thought that it was dull in any areas. It was very funny but also was very serious and intense when it needed to be. I loved the author's focus on the power of love and friendship and the way the book revolved around that. This book's storyline is a little bit far-fetched just because the electric children are pretty much kidnapped but there is no police involvement. Obviously if kids were just disappearing there would be a little bit of suspicion going on. Other than that, the storyline is very realistic and pretty believable.
     This book was very incredible and I enjoyed everything about it. I would strongly recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun and exciting read. This is a great book for anyone because it's not all about the action, it also has a little bit of romance. I had a great time reading this book and I look forward to reading the sequel.

4 comments:

Allyson Crandall said...

I have read this book too and I totally agree on the no police involvement thing. It was a little fishy. I also agree that it was a really great book. I think your summary was great and you brought up some really good points about friendship and love. Also, choosing good over evil is a great theme especially when you find out taylor has a sister who chose evil. You did a great Book Report.

TeamPeetaGirl said...

I have read this book a couple times and it never fails to keep me entertained. I agree with everything you said it is a great book and the squel is just as good.

A Nashty Durantula 11 said...

I absolutely loved this book! But, now that you brought up the point of the whole no police involvement thing I totally agree! Its way weird that they didn't get involved but I still loved this book.

Unknown said...

I just finished reading this book, and I loved it. I am glad that Evans chose to have each electric child have a different ability. I can't wait to read the sequel.