Monday, October 24, 2011

Wither

Wither by Lauren DeStefano, is a post-apocalyptical book where everyone is genetically mutated so that men die at 25 and women die at 20.

Rhine is a 16 year old girl who lives in a world totally different from ours. She lives in a world where girls as young as 12 to 13 get married and have children just so the human race won't die out.

Rhine is kidnapped while going to a job interview in NYC. She is taken to Florida sold to and is forced to marry Linden.

She has to live with Linden's father Housemaster Vaughn, her sister wives Jenna and Cecily and multitude of staff including Gabriel who she quickly befriends.

Although Linden is a very sweet man and really does love Rhine all Rhine wants to do is find her twin brother and go home.


Wither is an interesting book because I have never read anything like is before. I think it is unique, different, and is a real page turner.

I believe the author did a great job of giving sensory details so you can really feel everything she is feeling, smell everything she is smelling, and see everything she is seeing. This book shows me that I should live my life and enjoy it. The characters in the book have such a short life that they never have the joy of growing old with someone they love or seeing their child grow up. If the world was like this book I would be a totally different person I would have no parents to help me and nurture me I would probably already have a child of my own. Which is just gross to think about!


I would recommend this book; it is creative, new and I can’t wait for the sequel. The only thing advice I would give to future readers is that some parts of the book are kind of awkward and a little creepy.

A-

1 comment:

Flounder said...

Thanks for the advice. It seems like a good book but I don't think that awkward and creepy is something I would really like enjoy!:)