Friday, October 28, 2011

Divergent!



"Beatrice Proir lives with her family in a place where society is divided into 5 factions: Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must choose the faction to which they will commit the rest of their lives to. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is..." [- Quote from the book


Divergent by Veronica Roth is a work of fiction that takes you on journey through Beatrice Prior's faction initiation. During the initiation Beatrice changes her name to Tris as a sign of a new life. The initiation is a challenging, heat-racing, tear-jerking process that will take the initiates to places they would have never guessed and makes them over-come fears they never thought they would. There are 3 stages of initiation and after each stage the initiates are put into rankings. They are put into rankings for 2 reasons; 1. To decide what job they will get after initiation. 2. Only the top 10 initiates are made members.


I LOVED this book! I thought that the book had a great storyline and that the theme of the book was perfect. This book to me is an action-packed adventure with a little bit of romance thrown in for good measure. The book was definitely a page-turner that kept me up at nights wondering what would happen next. I would suggest this book to anyone I know (Obviously above the age of 10). I think that most people will enjoy this book because it relates to real life because just like in the book one choice in life can transform you forever.



































13 comments:

Finn. said...

How is my review? Is it too short?

fluteninja503 said...

Don't Worry Finn... I think that your review was short... but very compacted and made me want to read this book. Good work! :)

Finn. said...

Thanks!!

KewlBeans said...

Wow! I picked up the book and didn't like the back, but your review makes me completly change that opinion! I can't wait to read it now!

Santana said...

Hey Finn, Good review, makes me want to read the book! I just can't commit to a book like that, it's not really me. What do you think? Do you think I would like it?

Finn. said...

Hmm Santana, I think that you would probably like this book!

Santana said...

Finn, Thanks! :) I'll read it, and tell you what I think! Thanks for reviewing!

galaxygymnast said...

this book sounds really good. im not a big fan of romance tough, id there to much?

msladybug98 said...

I went to Mrs. Jensen's book talk and after this review and the talk, I really would like to read Divergent. I hope the romance doesn't ruin it for me! I'm not a big fan of it when I read it in books!

PurpleNinjaLA said...

I really want to read this book! Good review.

Sir Knight said...

Sounds like a good book, but it could of been a little bit longer and more details. It had really good voice though and made me want to read the book.

nachocat98 said...

Thanks for summing this book up for me! This review made me really want to read this book. Good job!

Layla said...

I'm reading this book now and I. CAN. NOT. PUT. IT. DOWN. I love it too! The romance in it makes me a bit squrimish though.:( Know what I mean?