Sunday, October 30, 2011

Incarceron






"A Prison Like No Other


It Gives Life


It Deals Death


It Watches All"


Incareron is an interesting book; it was creepy, suspenseful, strange, and beautifully written. But saying just that, does not cover it. There's a few places where I need to reread again and again, since most of it is hard to understand. Incareron is a giant prison, inside a world where the people live in the past with no change. It's always watching it's prisoners, it hears what they whisper, it feels every move they make. There's no place to hide from Incareron.


Because Incarceron is alive.


I enjoyed the parts where the author is telling about Finn, one of the main characters. He's a sixteen year old prisoner in Incarceron. The Sapient with tells him about Sapphique, the only prisoner to ever escape alive. Finn believes that he was born outside of Incarceron, and he wants to escape as Sapphique did.

When Finn finds a key that lets him talk to the outside world, he starts to learn the truth about Incarceron, himself, and those around him.. With the help of his oath brother; Keiro, Attia; a slave disguised as a dog, and Claudia; the mystery girl from outside, he uncovers secrets that should have been left alone. This book is amazing, even though I had to re-read some parts to figure out what I was reading. I enjoyed Catherine Fisher's book very much.

3 comments:

Sir Knight said...

Sounds like a good book I like those types of confusing and strange futeristic books that always seem like one big mystery PS: I could use a little more information

Mrs. Jensen said...

You listed that this book is a series. Is this the first one? Are the others already out? I am very curious about this book. I agree with Sir Knight...I need a little more info on the plot, maybe.

Praying4NoWar said...

Incarceron is the first book in the series. The second one is called Sapphique. there's only two books in the entire series.