Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Son of Neptune

The book that I read was The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. This is a fiction book. If you want to read this book there is about six books that you have to read first or you will not understand it. These books include The Lost Hero and Percy Jackson and the Olympian series. There will be three more books. All of these books are about Ancient Greek Gods. And in the last few books, the Roman Gods also. The characters are usually what you call a Demigod. One of their parents is a regular mortal, while the other is a God. These books are about their adventures and quests.

Percy Jackson cannot remember anything. The last few months he has been trying to understand that Gods exist and his dad is one of them. He was told by the wolf ,Lupa, to follow his instincts and find where he belongs. After a while of searching he comes upon a camp for kids like him. The campers are surprised because he is 16 years old and has not been killed by monsters yet. He meets two kids Hazel and Frank. They are the only people at the camp who are kind to Percy.

Percy begins to train at camp and trying to get his memory back. He starts hearing things at camp about monsters not being sent to Tartarus, or in other words not dying. This is because Death(The actual God of Death) is chained up. Percy and his friends are soon sent on a quest to free him. All this bad stuff is happening because Gaea(Mother Earth, yeah, she's a bad guy) is beginning to wake. So through this book Percy, Hazel, and Frank are trying to Stop Gaea, Find Percy's memory, and find out where Percy came from.

In this book I especially enjoy Rick Riordan's sense of humor. He made me laugh throughout the entire book. But he also has the intense action packed scenes too. I like how it switches between Hazel, Frank, and Percy's views. This let's you know what's happening in one of the other characters shoes compared to another. The topic of all the books that Riordan has wrote fascinates me. I love learning about all this mythology, but in modern times. I think the book is very clever in that way.

I think that the author of this book paced it well and just did a job well done. This might just be myself, but I don't appreciate it when he uses the word God, not referring to the hero's parents. When he uses it to express himself. Ex. Oh my #@~! I did not like that. I think that Riordan portrays teenagers well also. You can relate to the book in that way.

I thought this book was spectacular. It is probably not life changing or inspirational to anyone, but it is very fun to read.I will remember it and am very excited to read the books that follow after. I would definitely recommend this book to other people. If you have read the other books of course. I give this book an A+.

4 comments:

Logan Clarke said...

Flynn Rider,
I read the whole Percy Jackson series a couple years ago, but now your review makes me want to read the rest of the series. This surely is a swell review. Nice job!

WillowStorm1723 said...

I have read the Son of Neptune and I absolutely loved it. I think your review covered everything the reader needs to know to get them wanting to read it without giving anything away. I would've wanted to go out and read it right then if I hadn't already.

nachocat98 said...

This is an amazing book! I totally agree on the fact that if you don't read the first series, you won't really get this book. Nice job!

Flynn Rider said...

Thank you for thinking that it was so good.