Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pendragon: The Never War



Pendragon: The Never War
By: D.J. MacHale

Imagine the unimagined.

In book three of this ten book series, fifteen year old Bobby Pendragon is whisked off to save yet another territory. Territories are like planets, but they are universes and time periods apart.

With his uncle dead, he assumes the position of traveler for second earth. Travelers are ordinary people chosen at birth to help protect Halla,which is basically everything. He and Spader, the traveler from Cloral go to First Earth, Earth in 1937, in search of the wicked Saint Dane, the traveler who is set on destroying Halla.

I liked this book a lot!!! It kept me wondering what was going to happen next. This book keeps you guessing. I had a few ideas about what might happen throughout the book; let's just say most the time I was wrong.

I think that the author should have made First Earth at a different time period. I thought that the turning point of the territory should have been at a different time. If I tell you more, it would be a big spoiler.

The issues the book brings up are good. For example, if we changed a moment from our past it could drastically change the future. It's like how everybody says they wish they had a do-over button or a time machine, but if they changed their past it would change the present and even the future. In addition, this book teaches that sometimes you have to face your emotions, even though doing the right thing could end up hurting other people.

Overall, I think this was a very good book. This series really has some twists in every book. Just when you think your right, you aren't. It leaves you hanging from chapter to chapter because the book is third person omniscient. I love how well the author describes the characters and the sequence of events.

This is a grade A book.

1 comment:

OceanWave Plus said...

I'm reading this right now, and I agree! It's very entertaining, unlike the first one...