Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mockingjay


Katniss Everdeen survived the Quarter Quell Hunger Games, and is standing on the remains of what used to be her home. District 12 has been destroyed. This is the first scene of Mockingjay, the third and final book in The Hunger Games trilogy. With her district destroyed, Katniss is realizing that the life outside the Hunger Games isn't much easier than inside the arena.

People start to notice the power they can have over the Capitol. Although it may not be much, the citizens of Panem rebel against President Snow, using Katniss as their leader. President Snow, however, does not like the rebellion, so he starts putting Katniss' loved ones in harm. By beating Peeta, and killing her district, the Capitol is trying to tell Katniss that everybody is in danger. Katniss is taken to District 13, in which citizens thought was destroyed, and is discovered to still be living. As the citizens rebel, and the most rebellious land is still alive, Panem is pure chaos; which creates the most suspenseful, and controversial ending ever.

I absolutely loved Mockingjay. Although The Hunger Games still remains my favorite of the three books, Mockingjay puts the perfect ending to the most intense series of all time. Many people hate the way this book closed, but I personally feel that Suzanne Collins couldn't have ended it any better. She shows us that stories don't all end in, "happily ever after." She gives us reason to live life to the fullest, and to cherish every moment of it. A

4 comments:

LeBron James6 said...

WOW! Great review. I read the book and I couldn't of said it better myself!

Logan Clarke said...

When I was at the end of my Park Lane years, I read the Hunger Games but never the second or third ones. Is it worth it to read the series again for the third book? Because it sounds pretty good.

DJHannahJedi said...

I love this book, and your review is awesome! I loved the ending also. It taught me that, in reality, everything isn't perfect.

nachocat98 said...

I agree that the ending was good. I don't really understand why people don't like it. I think the ending wraps the series up well and leaves you at peace with what happened, even though it wasn't all happy.