Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Divergent

     Divergent is a super suspenseful book by Veronica Roth. I kind of thought it read like The Hunger Games. It is pretty similar with power and the government and stuff like that. It is a very thrilling book that has tons of cliffhangers. It has you on the edge of your seat the whole book. You just never know what is going to happen next. Their is a lot of pretty brutal times where someone gets the crap beat out of them and others are actually somewhat fragile. It is a very good book and once you start reading you might not be able to stop. 
     There are five different factions that people choose to go into when they're sixteen. The Dauntless (the brave), Abnegation(the selfless), the Erudite(the intelligent), the Candor(the honest), and the Amity(the peaceful). Beatrice grew up in Abnegation but chose to switch to the Dauntless. She went through the three stages of Dauntless initiation, meeting multiple friends on her way, and came into the Dauntless as rank number one in her age. After the initiates complete the third stage they are injected with what they think is a tracking device. The next day Beatrice wakes up to her initiates under control of the Erudite leader Jeanine. Beatrice is not controlled by this because she is special. She is Divergent. She finds her family and Four, her trainer, and tries to rescue everyone she can but Four is captured and put under control as well. Later, Beatrice has to face Four, after already losing her mom and dad. Four is able to fight off the control and they destroy the control system. They run away to the Amity after starting a war. 
     This was by far one of my favorite books ever. It was intense, fast paced, and had me on the edge of my seat the whole book. There is only one word to describe this book. "AMAZING." It was the only book I have enjoyed in a long time. Everyone should read this book. 

5 comments:

Mushu said...

I to did love this book. But I didnt feel like it was so much like Hunger games. Although I can see how you think Divergents government and the Hunger Games are alike, they are totally different plots.

T WILL 11 said...

Superb review Cheney. I am now considering ditching the series I am reading now to read this. I really liked the Hunger Games and if this is anything like it I'm sure I'll love it.
Love,
Taylor

Jimmer want to be said...

I keep hearing about this book I've got to read it. From what you said it's exactly the kind of book I like to read.

chocolatetot said...

i love this book! i am so exited to read the 2nd one! Are you looking forward to the next one too Cheney #3?

Layla said...

I'm reading Insurgent!!! That's the next one! I'm freaking out!!! :D