Friday, April 27, 2012

The Help

The Help by Katheryn Stockett, is a very inspiring and hopeful book of how whites treat blacks on their color. But of course, this treatment is a very, very harsh one. In the little town of Jackson, Mississippi, in 1962, Miss Skeeter a white woman, who wants nothing more than to be a writer and publisher, and with the wasted hope of getting her a husband by her mother, she soon makes two very good friends, Aibileen and her best friend Minny. Aibileen has taken care of 19 white mothers babies, and Minny the best cook has the sassiest mouth in Jackson. Until one day Skeeter has this marvelous idea to write a novel about the help and the families they have taken care of.  But she needs the help to help her.  With much difficulty she succeeds!!! While time ticks fast, Skeeter Phelan manges to write the novel before crunch time. With much humor, a little bit of romance, and don't forget the hilarious parts with Celia Foote and Minny! This book is absolutely amazing! I loved every part of it, and it was so cleverly written, to show how each character talked and acted. I wouldn't change a thing about this book.

3 comments:

Ashlyn said...

I've heard this book is awesome and i really want to read it!

msladybug98 said...

I love this book! I agree when you said you wouldn't change anything about it. However, I would change some things about the movie. Thanks for the book review!

Abbey Road said...

I saw the movie and thought it was great. I think I'll read the book too to compare. Also, from what you say about it, it will be good.