Monday, April 30, 2012

I Am Number Four By:Pittacus Lore

     I Am Number Four was a great book. Although I am not an alien type of girl, or one to really ponder if there are aliens I still found this book enjoyable. It kept me fascinated and wondering about what was going to happen next  even when I wasn't reading the book. This book has suspense, friendship, bravery, and even a little romance.
    
     This book is about aliens if you haven't guessed that yet. The main character ( Four) and his guardian ( Henri ) along with 16 others have come from the planet Lorien to protect their race and also earth from being destroyed form another evil race called the Mogadorians. The Mogdorians have already sucked four's planet clean of its resources and now need more power so they are coming to earth to do the same.

     Four and Henri have been on earth for 10 years now making four fifteen and Henri mid fifties. Ever since they have arrived on earth the have moved every couple of months so that the mogdorians will not be able to catch them and kill them. Every time that they move Four has to get a new identity and start at a new school with a new life story to go with it. For the main part of the story you are with Four and Henri in Paradise, Ohio, a tiny little town. In Paradise for the first time ever Four actually makes a couple of friends. He meets Sam, a total nerd who is always thinking about aliens, and he also meets  Sarah who soon becomes much more than a friend. Four has never made attachments anywhere else so this place feels special to him.

      I don't want to give to much away but, I think that the author was trying to say was, protect those you love and what you stand for no matter the cost. And that is because, many of times Four has put his life on the line to save Sarah, Henri, and his friend Sam. He also has to  protect himself from getting caught by the Mogadorians.

     Over all I thought that it was a really good book and I definitely recommend it to anyone especially if you are a sci-fi lover. There was actually a movie made on the book last year here is a link to the trailer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5djHG3hPu0. All in all it was a really good book and you should go check it out. 

2 comments:

Flounder said...

This is a great review. It seems like a good book. I still haven't seen the movie though but I certainly want to especially after your review!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great book. I haven't read it or seen the movie so I should definitely read it this summer. Great Review!