Monday, April 30, 2012

A Child Called "It" by David Pelzer

        A Child Called "It" is a very Very VERY sad story about a young boy named Dave. At the begining, he talks  about  how good and happy his family is until his parents start fighting. And his mother starts drinking. . . a lot. Then, she would beat him just for the fun of it. None of his brothers were harmed. Just him.
        At first it wasn't to terrible. A few punches here and there. Then, all of a sudden his mother became very violent. Beating him every chance she got, and only letting him eat every ten days! It got so bad that she brunned him, STABBED him, and even tried to drown hin in their own bath tub! He had no  bed, just a newspaper and the floor. Plus, he had the worst punishments I have ever heard of .
        Let me remmind you that this started happening when he was only seven years old, and didn't stop until he was almost fourteen! Fourteen! Even worse, he was  the oldest, and his younger brothers would join in on what his mother called "the game."
        I do not recommend this book to people who don't like violence. This story is truly heartbreaking. I cried through the entire thing! Mainly because i put myself in his situation. What would I do? How would I live? Sadly, many c hildren do not live through this stuff.
        This is one of the worst child abuse cases in America, but someone could easily top that record. So, we need to stop child abuse! Please, if you are being abused or someone you know. There are many hotlines avalible along with helpful gardians. David Pelzer wrote two other books that have helpful information as well.

    Grade: B

4 comments:

stranger said...

oh this book sounds soo sad :(

Flounder said...

I don't know if I would be able to read this it sounds too sad! But good review

Praying4NoWar said...

I've always wanted to read this book. It reminds me that not everyone is treated better then me. Your review is really nice too.

Heidi said...

Lots of people say this is a really sad book. By your review it sure is a really sad book....