Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I am Number Four, Pittacus Lore

Action, adventure, romance, and aliens! What book could possibly have all of these things wrapped up neatly into one piece of literature? Well, ladies and gentlemen I give you I am Number Four! I loved it being the Sci-Fi junky I am, raised on Stephen Hawking and Stargate SG-1. This story, this tale has a little something for everyone.

I am Number four is set in the present but it starts years ago on a planet called Lorien. The people of Lorien have always been peaceful but a run in with a hostile race of aliens know as Mogadorians ended their world. In the fight Lorien was destroyed. Luckily a small group of nine special children and their nine guardians made it out alive. They landed on earth. These children are very special because they are of the few Loric people who in time will gain powers known as legacies. They are the future of the Loric race, so they are being hunted by the Mogadorians. To ensure they couldn't all just be wiped out a charm was placed on the nine children. Each was given a number one through nine. They could only be killed in numerical order, that is unless two of them were to encounter each other then everyone is fair game.

So who do you think this story follows? Gee I wonder. Well, it's Number Four or as he is currently called John Smith. He and his guardian Henri have been moving around for years. Their latest move after the death of Number Three was to Paradise, Ohio. In Paradise so many things happen. John develops his first legacy, makes a best friend, and falls in love. He faces so many challenges and has to fight the biggest battle of his life. The going only gets harder for our dear friend, his story has just begun.

Aliens and the supernatural have always been exciting to me. I do believe in all of my being that they exsist. We aren't alone, it's just not possible. I would love to be involved with something like this if it really happened. How cool would that be, fighting aliens? It'd be awesome. This book filled me with wonder and excitement. It totally deserves the A I give it! Whoo!

2 comments:

Ashlyn said...

I LOVE this book! Thanks for your review!

Logan Clarke said...

This book sounds mighty fine. I need to read this book. Is it in a series? Is it the first book in the series?