Monday, April 2, 2012

Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans


This spectacular fiction book is written by Richard Paul Evans. Richard Paul Evans has written
many books that include: Miles to Go, The Road to Grace and obviously Micheal Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25. Just to let you know, this book is not yet a series as the author is still writing the next book.

This book all starts out with an average kid whose name is Micheal Vey. If you define average as a middle schooler who gets beat up a lot and has some weird "disease", then, under that definition, Micheal is an average kid. But, when you talk about all of the other characteristics that Micheal has, then Micheal isn't as normal as you would think. That weird "disease" that Micheal has is something called Tourette's syndrome. Tourette's syndrome makes you blink non-stop and produce weird gulping noises when you are anxious. Another characteristic that might alter the entire story just a little tiny bit is Micheal's super powers. No, Micheal can't fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, or see through lead. But, Micheal can do something even cooler...Micheal can shoot electricity from the tips of his fingers. Micheal thought that he was the only one of his kind until he met Taylor Ridley. Taylor Ridley, a cheerleader and one of Micheal's friends, can mess around with your brain by sending it electric signals. When Micheal, Taylor, and Ostin (Micheal's BFF who is smartical) "dig deeper" they discover that there are other kids with similar powers. When they make this great discovery, they find out that someone, or something, is hunting them down. After Micheal's mother is kidnapped, Micheal will have to rely on his wits, unique power, and friends to overcome the hunters, free his mother, and save the others.

This book is the only one of its kind with all of its' action, mysteriousness, and the right amount of love. In this rather awesome book the author expresses many of his opinions. One of the opinions that I agree with is that though the outside appearance might, at times, not be as pleasant, it is what is on the inside that counts. I will admit that if I were going to the same middle school as Micheal, I would totally have judged him the wrong way. I would not have known that Micheal had special powers and I would only think that he was an outsider who was beat up a lot and had some weird "disease". The author demonstrates this opinion by how Micheal met Taylor. Taylor had the same thought as I did but, Taylor did a little digging and found out that Micheal had Tourette's syndrome and that he had special powers. After reading this epic book, my opinions have changed about judging people and from now on, I will be looking for what is on the inside instead of what is on the outside.

One of the best lines from this sentence is the following:
"If you passed by me walking home from school you probably wouldn't even notice me. That's because I'm just a kid like you. I go to school like you. I get bullied like you. Unlike you, I live in Idaho. Don't ask me what state Idaho is in-news flash- Idaho is a state. The fact that most people don't know where Idaho is, is exactly why my mother and I moved here-so people wouldn't find us. But that's part of my story."
(Micheal Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25. Page 5.)
This just shows how funny this book is and proves my point pretty good.

If you are a potential reader, then you better pay attention to the really small details. These small details might seem small at first but, will grow larger and larger until you realize it and figure it out yourself. Because this book made me stay up until 3 in the morning because I was so addicted to it, I gave this book an A+.








2 comments:

Ivy V said...

Oh my goodness! I read Michael Vey The Prisoner of Cell 25! I got hooked on the first chapter! It's such a good book! :)

Tree Tree Tree Bush/ Ellipses Master said...

Sounds like a good book! I really like those type of supernatural books.