Saturday, May 18, 2013

Safe Haven

     Nicholas Sparks gets me every time. But this book has got to be one of my favorites. This real life romance and suspense keeps you in the book. Its starts off by telling you about a girl Katie who has run away to the small town of Southport, North California. She hopes to not get to comfortable or close with anyone because of her dark secret from her past. Although that plan doesn't work out when she starts to be friends with her new next-door neighbor Jo, and the handsome local store-owner Alex and his two kids. After Alex and Katie start to get a good relationship going, that dark past comes back to haunt her. And so does Alex's.
     The main idea of this book has to do with relationships and secrets. Ever had either of those? Well when dealing with one, things can get complicated. That's what keeps you reading this book. New problems and suspenseful scenes get brought up that you never see coming. My jaw is still on the ground. You never want to put the book down. Even just reading the summary, don't you want to know what her secret is? Well I did, and I'm very glad I decided to read this book to find out! Definite A+.
     Now that I have read the book I cant wait to see the movie! Check out the trailer.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6i_Z1Srsw

No comments: