Monday, May 6, 2013

LOSER

Loser
By: Jerry Spinelli
Book reveiw by: Brendan Larsen
       This is a book is about a boy named Zinkoff. Donald Zinkoff. He is not quite your regular kid, but he is close enough. He is easy to make laugh. He is a gullible, but out going person. He is very kind. But he was also born with a birth defect. One of his stomach valves is up-side-down. This causes him to throw-up regularly, but other than that he is an ordinary kid. Another thing about Zinkoff is that he never wins. this causes him to lose a big event for his team in fourth grade. From then on, he will be forever branded as "Loser." And it will change him.
       I thought that this book was pretty good, but that it was kind of confusing in some parts. Eventually, you will come to understand it, but for a while, you get left in the dark. I didn't enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed other books, because it wasn't as upbeat as I usually like to feel. It still is a good book, and I suggest it to people that like half-sad, real life scenarios, but if you like all of your books to make you feel positive, then I advise against reading this book.

2 comments:

Paublo Diablo said...

I don't get what the rising action of the story is you should explain it a little a bit in your review

Beth Kearsley said...

So I'm kind of confused as to what the main purpose of the story is. Like what happens in it that makes it a story? Maybe you should explain a little more so people can know what the story is about.