Thursday, May 30, 2013

Catching Fire






         Firstly, I would just like to say that this is by far my favorite book ever. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins is definitely a science fiction book. The main-theme of this awesome book is its controlling government. There are some things that you need to know before you read it, though. Number one is that in the first book of this series, The Hunger Games, Peeta Mellark, and Katniss Everdeen have won the games. Number two, they have made the government angry. And when I say angry, I mean creating uprisings left and right angry. Those are the two most important points that you will need to know.

       Panem is celebrating their 75th anniversary. And, every 25 years, there is The Quarter Quell. The Quarter Quell is when the winners of every year, for the past 25 years fight to the death- literally. So against all odds, Peeta and Katniss get to go back into the arena with their mentor, Haymitch. As they fight in the arena, they find things out about the arena, and the government that will change the game for everyone.
     
       Before you read this book, you should probably read the first book. I promise, it will make a lot more sense if you do. After you read this book, there is another one called, Mockingjay. But, that's a whole different story. Out of all of the books in the series, this one is by far my favorite.

       Suzanne Collins creates a world in which it is impossible to escape. You will never want to put it down. It's that good. I think that the biggest issue this book brings up is government. If the government is good, then the rest of the society will be good, and vise versa. I loved this book so much and I could read it over and over again without getting bored. Its words captivate you into its pages without you even realizing it. This book is amazing. I give this book and A+.

4 comments:

Aizik Rogers said...

Glad to see a good review of this book. Maybe it will finally get me off my butt to read the dang thing. have you read mocking jay as well? and if so, would you recomend it?

TeamPeetaGirl said...

This book is my all time favorite!! Also your review was great! And Aizik I have read Mocking Jay, and I personally did not like it. But that is just my opinion.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Okay, to be honest I haven't read this book yet. But I've heard that it's really great. Also that the whole series is too. And I really want to read them. Next some of my friends have also said the MockingJay is so so. It wasn't the best, but wasn't completely horrible.