Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Princess Bride

        Every book with princess in the title has got to be good, right? Well in this case that is without a doubt true. The Princess Bride is an amazing fantasy that is so well written. This love themed action packed book takes you on a great adventure in search of love. It kept me super entertained throughout the who entire book.
        In this story a very beautiful young woman named Buttercup lived on a farm with her parents, horse, and a farm-boy named Westley whom she has known nearly her whole life. It turns out that she was madly in love with this boy. But as soon as she confesses her love to him, he is quickly swept away to America. Shortly after he leaves he is said to have been killed by pirates. As you can imagine, Buttercup was devastated and vowed to never love again. However, she was actually supposed to marry a prince in a very short amount of time. Not having the will power to marry anyone but Westley she runs away. In the process she manages to get kidnapped by three goons. With no hope of escaping these men she expects to die.
        She expects to die, that is until a mysterious hero comes to her assistance and saves the damsel in distress. This man is later revealed to be none other than her lost love Westley. Obviously the two of them were ecstatic to be reunited with one another. But their reunion was just the beginning of this story and their crazy adventure. The task of staying together becomes more and more difficult as you read through the book. And their love for each other grows increasingly through each hard moment.
        I absolutely loved this book. Love is such a strong theme in this book and it is basically what makes The Princess Bride a story. This book clearly states that love is stronger than any other feeling. It is amazing what two people who are in love will do. The extent of things they will do is crazy. Also, a clear message in this book is once you have love don't ever let it go. Because if you let love go you will regret it for the rest of your life. The effort put into love is worth it in the long run.
        Don't worry, this book is not all a mushy love story. There is so much action packed into this book it's crazy. There are blistering winds, scorching desserts, and daring sword fights. I was quite certainly kept on my toes through the whole book. It is crazy how intense this book was throughout the process of reading. Without a doubt, this book is amazing. I would for sure give it an A.

4 comments:

Nain Christopherson said...

I am a huge fan of the movie based on this book, so my question for you is how different the two are? I don't really have any recollection of scorching deserts in the movie... After reading the book, what are your thoughts on the film version?

Legendary007 said...

I love this book! I read it back in sixth grade and I thought it was amazing. The movie was a great adaption as well.

Unknown said...

I have yet to read this or watch the movie, but it sounds really good and I think I will read it now. Thanks for all the good information on the book it sounds reeaally interesting and fun. I might just read it next haha(;

E.C.Calista said...

I love the movie, but I have never read the book. Are the two (movie and film) very different? Thanks!!