Monday, April 1, 2013

The Maze Runner

   The Maze Runner is a fantastic book that will keep you reading all night long!  The mystery and action in this book make it thrilling and suspenseful.  Although it is confusing at first, you will get a hang of it and then you will know why so many people love this book.

  The book starts out with a boy named Thomas waking up in a contraption like an elevator that seems to be plummeting to the ground.  As he falls, he begins to forget simple things like his family and how old he is.  Suddenly he has no memory of his past, except that his name is Thomas.  The elevator finally stops falling. When the elevator doors open he is surprised to see a group of  boys huddling around him.  They help him out and take him to where he will sleep, and he learns that he is in a place called the "Glade."

   Out of all the books I have ever read, this is my favorite without a doubt.  One night I stayed up and read 170 pages because my eyes were glued to them.  The author does a great job of making it so exciting and creepy at the same time.  I loved how he starts out with Thomas and the audience not knowing what is going on.  It made me want to keep reading and learning about Thomas and the Glade.  When I read this book it made me realize that the choices I make will impact my life forever, and I can always try to make things better.

   The Maze Runner is the most amazing book I have ever read and I think anyone will like it.  The Scortch Trials is the second book to this trilogy.  I am planning to read it next and I hope you will read it too.  I encourage you to read The Maze Runner and I guarantee that you will enjoy it as much as I did.

  

2 comments:

Coley said...

Wow! Thanks for telling me about such an awesome sounding book! It sounds like you really enjoyed it! I love books that keep you up all night! I really like that you explained yourself so clearly and that your review was well organized! I will have to go read it sometime soon!

Insanity said...

I love how I was able to read a review on a book I have read. I love to see the thoughts people have on something I know about. I thought this review was great. I liked how you mentioned that the book is good because we don't really know what's going on. We know just as much as Thomas does. I think this makes the book more interesting and easier to learn things from. Great review!