Monday, April 29, 2013

Rapunzel... Untangled? By: Cindy C. Bennett

      This book was a VERY good read! It definitely will be one that I will have my kids read when they are of age! This book is not like any other Repunzel book you have ever read! I mean, there is facebook, cell phones, and the whole package! It's no "Repunzel let down your hair" This author took the original Repunzel story and made it so modern! It's a book that you won't want to put down until you are finished! Now, boys, just because this book is called Repunzel Untangled, doesn't mean that it is a girl book! This is a must read for everybody! It really isn't gender specific! I promise!!  
      Now, lets get down to the dirty work! Repunzel is a girl that lives in a tower (duh). Her "mother" Gothel kidnapped Repunzel when she was just a little girl. She didn't kidnap her because she had magic hair or anything of the sort. She kidnapped her because of a man named Vedmak. Vedmak is a person that has powers, powers so great that he made Gothel believe that he could make her real daughter come back to life and use Repunsels body to do so. He said that he could "Kill" Repunzel and bring her back to life with the same body but somebody else's soul, who would be Gothel's real daughter that had died in the previous years. So Gothel home-schooled her and NEVER let her leave the tower. Now you have to understand that Repunzel's tower was like the size of a house. She had a bathroom and a bedroom, a sitting room. a kitchen and an exercise room. Gothel had Repunzel fooled that the reason why she had to be locked up was because Repunzel had this disease called SCID's which was a disease that if you EVER got sick which included colds, the flue, a fever, just anything that she would die. So, one day while doing her homework on her laptop, she was looking something up on Google and accidentally came across Facebook. Repunzel had absolutely no idea how to work Facebook. When she was skimming through people, she found an awesome looking dude! His name was Fane and he went to high school and was 17 years old. So she friended him! Well, he would sneak into her castle and so on and so forth. Till, Repunzel started to figure out that her "mother" wasn't really her "mother." Vedmak had used Gothel and told her that she could regain her own daughter when he was really trying to get him more power and gaining her real daughter was impossible.... Will Repunzel be able to get out before she is murdered for selfish reasons? Will she be able to be with Fane for forever and always? Most importantly, will there be a "Happily Ever After?" Read it and find out! 
    This book had a greater meaning to me than I think was actually intended for it to have. This book taught me that there is going to be hardships in life, whether they are big ones or small ones. In a way, you are being locked in a tower in your life right now, waiting for your prince charming to come and whisk you away. But, I think that this tower that you are locked in is full of happiness, wonderful blessings, and learning opportunities. Hopefully, one day all of us Princesses will have learned all that we could, and go be with the prince of our dreams and hopefully he will be everything that we could hope for, so that we can fight the dragons together as one. Likewise with the princes, in hopes that they will find their own princesses. I hope that we can all have our own Happily Ever After. Every girl deserves to feel like a princess! I know I do, thanks to my awesome prince! 
 I will definitely never throw this book away! I loved it so much!! I would gladly give this book an A+ 

3 comments:

TeamPeetaGirl said...

This was a great review and it really made me want to read this book. I probably will now!!(:

keets said...

Okay, first of all I love Rapunzel. It's probably my favorite fary tale. But Rapunzel with a modern twist! Now this is a book that I have got to read! It sounds like an interesting twist on a classic story. I am for sure going to read this book, thanks for the wonderful review!

Megan said...

I TOTALLY AGREE with your review of this book. It is one of my FAVORITE books.