Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Behind the beautiful forever's, An amazing story


 Behind the beautiful forever's is about a poor community in India living in between all of the economic growth. One will start off with a young trash collector named Abdul as his family and him start to become successful in the unforgiving slums of Annawadi. As you get deeper into the book it will take you through many different families and their hardships. One being the life of Sunil, an aspiring trash collector like Abdul. Because he does not have enough money for sufficient food his growth has been stunted which makes him depressed so he tries as hard as he can to get taller. After this you meet a woman with one leg named Fatima who has hated Abdul and his family, ever sense they started getting a little bit successful. So Fatima kills herself and blames her death on Abdul and his family. As they fight the corrupted court system in India more and more people are drawn into the fight. Which hurts many and in the end horrible things happen but they pull through.

I thought this book was extremely informative and enlightening. It made me feel the pain that these poor Indians suffered and made me feel like we can all make a difference. The book really changed the way I think about the world around me. It also made me grateful for what I have. It made me feel everything these Indians were feeling from happiness to discontent this book is one of the greatest books of the century so I would recommend this book to anyone who likes non-fiction books and I give this book an A+

No comments: