Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R Tolkien


         The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien, Is a fantasy story and the beginning  in a  epic three part series known as the Lord of the Rings. It tells the tale of Frodo Bagggins of the Shire, and his perilous quest to take the ring of power to Mount Doom.
           Frodo Baggins of the Shire, is given the great task of taking the evil ring of power to the fiery chasms of Mount Doom. The Ring was created by the Dark Lord Sauron so he could rule all of  the world of Middle Earth. Frodo is accompanied by 8 companions, Gandalf the Grey,(later to be known as Gandalf the White) Legolas the elf, Gimili the Dwarf, Boromir of Gondor, Aragorn the ranger, and three other hobbits, Peregrin Took, a.k.a. Pippin, Meriadoc Brandybuck, a.k.a. Merry, and his best friend, Samwise Gamgee. Together they make the nine members of the Fellowship of the ring. This story tells the tale of their quest as they accompany Frodo to Mount Doom, where he will eventually have to destroy the ring to end all the disaster that has fallen over Middle Earth. Through this story they will face many challenges as they try to destroy the ring of power. The fellowship will find themselves in snowy mountains, and deep in the Mines of Moria, where they will awaken a dangerous shadow beast.
             I myself think that this book was a marvelous work, and I greatly thank Tolkien for creating the world of Middle earth. This is in fact a very memorable book, and pretty much everybody has heard about the Lord of the Rings, either by watching the movie, or reading the books. Peter Jackson, a film maker, made a movie out of this book a few years back. I think he did a wonderful job of making this book into a real thing, though I would have liked it if he had showed Tom Bombadil, because I think that he is a important character in this book. Also, this book has greatly affected me. Now, I am a huge fan of Tolkien  and also the movies, and I watch them regularly.
             I think that this is a great book and I think that everybody should read it. I do understand that some of you might find this book a little boring or hard to read. And, both of those things are in some ways true. The book has long chapters where there is a lot of explaining, and I know for a fact it is a challenge to read this book. So, if your the kind of reader who relies on constant action and adventure, I would not recommend this book for you. But, if you watched the movie and liked it, I would challenge you to read the book. In closing, I think that this book deserves a A, and is one of my favorite books I have read.


         

7 comments:

Unknown said...

There were 3 movies

Unknown said...

Sorry! Lol

Nain Christopherson said...

I tried to read this book over the summer, but I just couldn't get through the beginning. The first 90 pages were very descriptive and well written, but I felt like Tolkien was taking forever to actually get past the exposition... It sounds like you really enjoyed it though, so maybe I'll give the book another try. =)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think that it sounds like an amazing book. Really I thought the movies were phenomonal and great. And if the book is as great as the movie I think it is worth the challenge. I also liked how you told about the book, but didn't give away any major things.

Unknown said...

Great review! I might actually read the books now.

Paublo Diablo said...

I don't agree. I just couldn't make myself continue to read this book after the first 100 pages. I thought it was really boring.