Sunday, February 3, 2013



The Fellowship of The Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien, is a fantasy based book being the first part of the Lord of The Rings Trilogy. The main idea of the book is to begin the journey to Mordor to destroy the one ring. It all starts in the Shire where Frodo Baggins inherits the ring from his uncle Bilbo Baggins. Then, Frodo and Samwise start their journey towards Rivendell, to form the Fellowship of The Ring, hence the title of the book. Once they have formed the Fellowship they venture into the mines of Moria where they encounter something unexpected.
     Personally, I found this book very entertaining to read but at some parts it kind of dragged across the floor, although that was a rare occurrence.  Before I had read the book I thought that Lord of The Rings was for nerdy weirdos, but now I love it. All three books were made into movies, all of which were directed by Peter Jackson who is a world famous director. This book made me a huge Lord of The Rings fanatic and now I watch the movies at least twice a month. 
     All in all, this book is absolutely awesome and it has changed my life in a very good way. I also highly recommend that you read this book sometime in your life, it will be well worth your while.

No comments: