Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Walk to Remember- Nicholas Sparks


Now, I am not going to lie to you. The main reason I read this book is because it is short and I knew I'd be able to finish it. With that being said... I ended up falling in LOVE with the book and was nearly heartbroken when I reached the last page. First it started just reading a few pages a night before I decided it was time for bed... but in no time, I was reading chapters a night or whenever I got the chance. It quickly twiddled its way into my pathetic heart. If I had to describe this book in 3 words or less I would say it is touching, inspirational, and bittersweet. I must agree with the Sunday New York Post when they say," An extraordinary book...touching, at times riveting... a book you won't soon forget." In this story, you follow as Landon goes through a change of heart and falls in love. You can't help but 'Ahhhhh! :)' as see how he changes and read about his teenage-hood in the 1920's. This book quickly grabs your heart and inspires it. That may be why I love it so much. Also, it may be that I am just a romantic-loving teenage girl... but hey.  A few major themes in this book are totally that true love can overcome anything, that hearts can always change, and with love everything is possible.  I think that is the main thing that Nicholas Sparks is trying to say and was very wise in saying that- because I totally agree. Love IS everlasting and with it, amazing things can happen. Ultimately, this book was so sweet and I would read over and over if I had the time. It snatched my heart and changed it... maybe it will do the same for you.

And good news, for those of you major lazies... it has a movie! Though it may not be very true the events in the book.. the main idea is the same.



2 comments:

msladybug98 said...

I just read The Notebook by him. I liked it, but not very much. With your review A Walk to Remeber sounds good, better than The Notebook! Great book review!

Heidi said...

Is this book a lot like the movie? The movie is really sad but fun to watch.