Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mockingjay- Suzanne Collins

I had always heard good things and bad things about Mockingjay, so I decided to read it for myself. Since The Hunger Games and Catching Fire were so good I thought this book would be even better. Sadly, I didn't think this book was that great and it took me forever to read!
Since District 12 was destroyed, Katniss and the rest of the rebels, not including Peeta (who was captured by the Capitol) , go to District 13. The nation is in a war with the Capitol. The people and the president of District 13 encourage Katniss to be the "mockingjay". A symbol of rebellion. As always Katniss is very stubborn and being the "mockingjay" comes with a price. Saving Peeta of course.
Throughout the book Katniss and her team go through the districts one by one trying to get them to side with the rebels. They do this all the way to the Capitol, though there are a ton of hardships on the way. Also, her relationships with Gale and Peeta take a bad turn. This book is not what you would think, there are many things that happen that you would never expect.
All in all I thought this book was okay, but it could've been much better. I had such high expectations that I was dissapointed with how the book was. Towards the end, though, I got a little more into it.
I think the message that Suzanne Collins was trying to send was the bad things that can result in war and also how bad poverty is. This book has a great message, even if it isn't my favorite book. I would probably recommend it to people that are curious about what happens after reading Catching Fire.

1 comment:

Paublo Diablo said...

If you would re-read this book i guarantee you will enjoy it more. I didn't love it the first time I read it but, when i read it again it was amazing.