Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Witch and Wizard


Of all the books about wizards and witches, Witch and Wizard by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet is the next best thing since Harry Potter. It has suspense and a lot of action. It kept me up until midnight two nights in a row.
The story goes like this. Whit and Wisty, who are brother and sister, are violently dragged from their home in the middle of the night by soldiers. They are accused of being witch and wizard, and because of that they are thrown in jail. Of course they escape; there wouldn't be a story if they didn't. Shortly after they escape they join up with a group of kids who are trying to destroy the One Who is The One, the person that turned America's government into a monarchy. This guy basically tells everyone what they can and can't do.
This is where Whit and Wisty's adventure begins. During their incredibly awesome adventure they fight brain washed dogs, other witches and wizards, and they even battle against themselves.
There is one thing that I discovered while reading this book: if
something is unfair do something about it. For example, as you will find during
this book there is a group of rebel kids trying to take the extremely
unfair One Who is The One down. This gives me reason to believe that I don't
need to just listen to the people in charge if they're making me do things that
are unfair. So don't just sit there if you feel like you're being told do
something that seems totally unreasonable. Do something about it.
This book was great and it hooked me from the first page, and for that
I would give it an A-. Also I recommend this to anyone who likes Harry Potter.
Thanks for reading!



6 comments:

The Emerald Eye said...

That sounds like a great book!, I'm going to have to read it; and by the way good review...

live2run said...

i was kinda iffy about this one until you said the thing about harry potter fans loving it. my mom's going to wonder why i've suddenly started reading again. ;)

The Emerald Eye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Jensen said...

Thank you thank you thank you for reviewing this book. I keep seeing it at the book store but I haven't ever bought it because I think, "Oh come on! What a Harry Potter rip-off!" Plus, I love the Harry Potter world so much that I have been a little hesitant to branch out. However, I TOTALLY respect your opinions on books so I guess this will be entering my library soon. :)

The Emerald Eye said...

I just read this book, all last night and it was AMAZING, I loved it...

live2run said...

I didn't think it was really a lot like Harry Potter... It was a great book though!
My mom is still confused btw... :) jk