Thursday, April 28, 2011

Widow's Revenge


Widow's Revenge is the second book in the Serpent Tide trilogy by K. L. Fogg. (Meaning you'd have to read Serpent Tide in order to understand this book.) I really enjoy these books and have read them several times. K. L. Fogg is a local author, and I am rather pleased with the way she writes.
Widow's Revenge is about a boy named Wesley Mackey, formerly known as Wesley Vandergrift. When he was a baby he was kidnapped by an insane (and also extremely wealthy) woman named Imogene Vandergrift, and was raised thinking he was the heir to billions of dollars. But he found out his real father is the famous Jack Mackey, more commonly known as The Snake Stalker. Wesley has escaped from Imogene and has now been reunited with his father. But now that his life has just begun as a "normal" teenager, his former mother wants him back. She will do anything and everything to get her son back, or more accurately, she will do anything and everything to make sure she gets her inheritance money. You will be enthralled and find yourself getting sucked into the story of each and every character. I literally cannot put this book down whenever I read it. I think that the characters are so relatable, even though their stories may be somewhat bizarre.
I'd say the main theme of this book is that people can change. They aren't only what they seem to be on the outside. They may seem awful and horrendous and atrocious, but everyone has the potential to be a good person. No matter what their circumstances may be. I can't really give any examples without giving the book away, so you'll just have to read it to find out. :)
Widow's Revenge is just an overall fun and exciting read, and I would recommend it to literally any teenager. You won't be able to set the book down, perhaps to the point where your brain will be fried from reading so much. Actually, I don't even know if that's possible. . . never mind. Just read the dang book. You won't regret it. A

4 comments:

LMW said...

I read this book last summer and I absolutely loved it! I finished it in less than a day. I stayed up until five thirty in the morning reading it. :D

Abby Marchant said...

haha! My mom was getting mad at me for reading this book too much! She was yelling at me to put the book down and get some fresh air. haha :D

Johnny boy said...

this was a great book! i really liked it

live2run said...

This book is a real page turner. It was fantastic!