Friday, May 7, 2010

The Lightning Thief



Now what would you do if there were Greek Gods, Goddesses, and Demons walking into your daily life? In Rick Riordan's book The Lightning Thief this happens to young Percy Jackson every day. For as long as he can remember weird things have happened to him. As he attends yet another new school Percy has difficulties adjusting; and having your English teacher turn into a evil flying demons doesn't quite help him. But through his journey to camp Half-Blood (a camp for half Gods and humans to attend) Percy soon finds of his father, Poseidon, God of the Sea. Now considering that the three main Gods ( Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades) are strictly forbidden to have kids, this does posse some difficulties for Percy. But now Zeus's master bolt is gone and the main suspect is young Percy Jackson. He must go on a journey to find and retrieve it for Zeus before the Summer solstice to avoid the next World War III. As they set out for their journey they encounter a bus full of furies, (that's the evil guys) jumping out of buildings, and some creepy lady with snakes on her head.


The Lightning Thief is a very enthralling fiction book, well that is if your into the whole Greek mythology thing, if not put the book down because you'll have a hard time even getting to page 5. If so... then you will love this book. But if you want to read something that will really keep on grabbing you by surprise or jolt you around, I would move onto another better book...such as Harry Potter. (Unless your name is N.W.)

7 comments:

rlblovebooks3 said...

I thought this book was absoloutly amazing!

Mr. X said...

ehh...it was ight

Coral Reef Chels said...

I agree rlblovebooks3...absolutely amazing! I'm not sure if it's my favorite out of the entire series though. Definetly a suspenceful book because I couldn't stop reading it...not even for dinner!

Mr. X said...

...really, you guys really thought it was that good? come on! please, have you guys read harry potter? Now thats a book I skipped dinner for! And trust me I like my food skipping dinner is a big deal for me. :)

Mr. X said...

haha should I ever tell winkle who I am?... I think NOT! :)

Anonymous said...

NEVER!!! ha ha :)

Mr. X said...

I agree!!!