Monday, May 31, 2010

Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison



Fablehaven

Fablehaven Keys to the Demon Prison is the fifth book in the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull. This explosive series finale is jam packed with action and intensity. Compared to the other Fablehaven books, this one is the best. The other books are all really good but this one is amazing. It kept me turning the pages until I was so tired that I just fell asleep with the book still in my hands.

After hundreds of years of planning and preparing, the Society of the Evening Star is after the final artifacts to open up the demon prison. Opening this prison would certainly be the end of the world, but the Sphinx (leader of the Evening Star) has set his mind on the opening of the prison and isn't about to give up.

Trying to stop the Sphinx from gaining all of the artifacts, Kendra and Seth travel to dangerous new preserves. After hundreds of years of battling between the light and the dark forces, it all comes down to this. Will the world be destroyed or will the Sphinx be stopped?

The theme for this book is to do what you know is right. For instance, in one part of the book, Kendra is walking through a forest where all of the fruit on the trees smells good and looks like it will taste good, so good that it is almost irresistible, but if you eat it it will kill you. Kendra knows that it will kill her so she closes her eyes and keeps going. It is a resemblance to drugs, everyone is doing it and says that it is fun, but you know that they can kill you if you try them. Brandon Mull does a good job of putting that into this book and teaches a good lesson with it.

Anyone who enjoys fantasy books, this is a great book for you. This book is mostly for young adults but anyone could read this and still enjoy it. This series is funny yet serious and is just as good if not better as the Harry Potter series. If you choose to read this book, don't forget to read the other books in the series in order first.
A








5 comments:

Psych said...

I've always wanted to read the Fablehaven books and I think that this has convinced me to put it to the top of my reading list.

Goldfish said...

I too have always been wanting to start reading the Fablehaven books. Everyone says that they are good books and I might like them. Awesome review!

Goldfish

rlblovebooks3 said...

Wow, good review! I read the first Fablehaven and plan on reading the others soon.

RikiRacoon said...

I liked your review. . . except for the part about it relating to drugs. . . I don't really agree with you about that part. I loved that series and I sould read it over and over again if I had the time!

X5-452 said...

I read the other books in the series, but haven't had a chance to read this one yet. I'll deffinately have to make time to read it soon.