Thursday, May 6, 2010

And Then There Were None


Agatha Christine kept me on the edge of my seat while i read this thrilling, fictional story. It is filled with mystery and suspense and captured my attention until the very end.

The mystery begins with ten strangers who have been invited by an unknown host to an island off the coast of Devon. The house on Soldier Island had been built by a millionaire and they'd all agree that they'd heard nothing about it but what pure luxury it was. Who wouldn't want to except an opportunity of that for a weekend? However, upon their arrival there are many surprises. Each guest has a questionable past including the fact that each one of them is accused of murder. One by one, they begin falling as victims to an unknown murderer. Their inability to call for help or leave the island because of bad weather makes them wonder how somebody could arrive there. Plus, the island is small which makes them come upon one thought; it must be one in their party of ten committing the crime...but who? Will the mystery be solved? You'll have to read to find out.

This story gave me the chills and I couldn't stop turning the pages. The characters the author created are amazing as well as the plot. This story really shows how different people are from each other. Also, it shows what people do and how they act under certain circumstances. The author really confuses you, but the confusion is what makes you think. The point to this book may be very different depending on who you ask. That is kind of what makes the book what it is. It may sound like the classic murder story with the thrill and suspense, but expect the unexpected. Although I was not in love with And Then There Were None, it was really an insane book. I think lots of people would enjoy this book even more than I did. If you're up for a thrill, this is the book for you. Its intensity keeps you wanting more! B+


7 comments:

rlblovebooks3 said...

This sounds like a really good book! I should probably read it,right?

~Corinne said...

yes you should!

nw.jw. said...

I would agree with this. But this book totally deserves an A. I mean this book was CRAZY. But thats just me.

Erinberry :] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erinberry :] said...

i am reading this book!!! but i'm only at the very beginning where they arrive at the mansion and eat dinner and stuff. the killing hasn't happened yet.. :(

Mr. X said...

I want to read this book SOOO bad!!

Erinberry :] said...

Haha so i finally finished this book! It was so good! I totally knew who the murderer was the whole time:)