Monday, May 31, 2010

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson: Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging


This is the first book in the series Confessions of Georgia Nicolson by English writer Louise Rennison. In my opinion, Louise Rennison is an amazing writer. I found myself laughing out loud so many times reading this hilarious, fictional book. I'm pretty sure that most girls would love this book.

Georgia Nicolson is just like many 14 year old girls. But unlike some, she has an incredible sense of humor. Going to school with her best friend Jas, coming home to the parents she loves (not), her evil cat, Angus, and her three year old sister, Libby, can be rough. Plus, what are you supposed to do when you accidentally shave your eyebrows off? These are some of the troubles Georgia goes through day by day. Her life revolves around things such as: friends, drama, make-up and most importantly...boys. Georgia is busy learning about snogging, getting rid of spots and winning the guy of her dreams. When her dad has moved away, Robbie has a girlfriend, and her mum may be having an affair with the living room decorator, Georgia may be depressed. And on top of that, her eye has been swollen because she stuck the mascara stick into it. Dilemmas, dilemmas...her mum wants to ruin her life even more by moving her to New Zealand. What is she going to do?

This is such a funny book! But, I would only recommend it to girls, I'm almost positive that boys wouldn't like it very much. This book relates to teenage girls in a big way. Also, it can show many girls that they aren't the only ones with things happening to them that are so called, "ruining they're lives". It's not just like in movies with all the happy endings that never happen in real life, I think it actually relates to some girl's lives. The author did an amazing job of making me laugh while reading this. I really liked this book and it was very fun to read. I think many girls, including myself, would enjoy this book. It's the perfect story for girls in middle school. Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging was truly a hilarious book, I can't wait to start reading the second! B+

4 comments:

Katie C. said...

This seems like a great book! I think I might like to read this from your review!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Sounds like a book I would read. I really want to read this!!

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie but I haven't read the book yet.

Anonymous said...

I liked the movie and by the sound of things I will probably like the book too.