Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Throne of Fire

Rick Riordan's The Throne of Fire is a great sequel to the Red Pyramid. The story continues to follow Egyptian mythology and it begins when Carter and Sadie Cane take us back in time. They explain that the world is about to end because Apophis, the god of Chaos, is about to escape from his prison and since they are magicians they must stop him from succeeding. To do this they must awaken Ra, the god of the sun, in five days or he will escape and the world will end. On this quest Sadie and Carter travel to London, Egypt, and New York. The whole way they kick gods' and monsters butts.
Throughout the book an underlying theme is evident. It is never doubt yourself. For example Sadie, while trying to open a hidden door, starts to get discouraged and starts thinking that she won't accomplish anything. Because of this she wasn't able to do anything for about an hour. This of course wasted a huge amount of time and when you only have five days to rescue the world from complete obliteration you can't waste any time.
This book is especially for those that enjoy adventurous books, but I would recommend reading the first book in this series. It was a great book so I would give it an A. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this book.

7 comments:

Keauna Bain said...

THIS FINALLY CAME OUT?!?!?! Oh my goodness! Where have I been? I need to read this! Great job on the review! (:

LMW said...

I just finished the first book. Your review really got me exited to read it! Thanks! :D

LMW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyssa said...

It sounds like a great book; but does anyone know when the third one is coming out?

X5-452 said...

I haven't red the first book yet, but it's deffinately at the top of my reading list. You've made this book sound interesting and exciting. Great review!

The Emerald Eye said...

I want to read this, a lot...

live2run said...

What is this series?... Everyone seems to love it. I'm guessing it's worth reading?