Monday, May 23, 2011

Stormbreaker Book Review




Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz is an intense real-life fiction novel. The story takes place in the UK, fourteen year-old M16 agent Alex Rider (how he became an agent at 14 is beyond me!) is challenged with the task of stopping a man from destroying all of Britain with the click of a button! ....But how?

As the story begins fourteen year-old Alex Rider is living a normal life in the Ol' UK when he hears about the death of his uncle/adopted parent, Ian rider. The police said that Ian rider was killed in a car accident, but Alex knew that Ian was a safe man and always wore his seatbelt (like everyone should). When Alex goes into investigation he finds his uncles car with crystal clear evidence that Ian Rider had been murdered. Later, he is kidnapped and wakes up in the M16 HQ, where he is told that his uncle had been training him to be a spy. They put him through training and assign him the mission of hunting down a very suspicious man: Herod Sayle. Herod has an evil plan to kill off all of Britain using his Stormbreaker computers. Alex goes through all sorts of obstacles and adventures to find out exactly what Herod is up to, and even more action when the plan is unraveled!

This book is slow in the beginning but so is almost every action book so once you get into it enough, it's non-stop action and suspense! I could not put this book down; I read it every chance I got! This book and most books in the series stress the possibilities and dangers of terrorism, and how some people just want to watch others burn. This book made me wonder more about terrorism and I started to think how far some people are willing to go to make others suffer so then I started freaking out.

I give Stormbreaker an A, it is an amazing book, trust me, if you're into this kind of genre: read this book, you will not want to put it down!

4 comments:

Danglin' benders and Shootin' tenders said...

You know, this was the only book in the entire series that I didn't read. I guess I should've started with the first one.

Johnny boy said...

i loved this book! if you reread it after the last one it shows how far alex has come throughout the series

OceanWave Plus said...

This series was awesome! I read them all pretty quickly. You can't put it down because it gets so suspenseful! The last book's end was a bit unsatisfying, though...

OceanWave Plus said...

Take that back, I haven't read 'em all.