Monday, May 30, 2011

If you're looking for a heartfelt, meaningful, and touching story, this is not it. If you're looking for a dark and depressing story, this is not it either. But if you're looking for a hilarious twist on the Twilight series that will make you laugh the entire time you read, this is definitely it.
Nightlight was written by the Harvard Lampoon. (Whatever that means.) I would say there isn't really a theme to this book. There's not really much of a plot either. It's basically just a bunch of really funny events put together. Seriously, it is so random, and that's what makes it so awesome! The main character is Belle Goose who is extremely klutzy and in my opinion, insane. But that's why I love her so much. She has just moved away from her juvenile-minded mother in Phoenix, Arizona, to a tiny little town called Switchblade, Oregon to live with her father, the town window wiper. She immediately falls in love with a geeky computer nerd, with reddish blonde-brown hair, named Edwart Mullen. She basically does the most bizarre stuff to get him to bite her and turn her into his eternal vampire soulmate.
I honestly laughed out loud throughout the entire book. Every single sentence will make you wonder what is going on in Belle's mind. I loved how over-exaggerated everything was. I mean, in Twilight, Bella is a pretty clumsy girl, but she never tripped over a toddler causing her to topple into a keychain display, then fall down an escalator and somersault over a pile of luggage. Nightlight goes to the extreme when mocking the Twilight series.
I would recommend this book to literally anyone, even if you haven't read the Twilight books. It would seem a little bit funnier in some parts if you've read them, but it doesn't matter all that much. I would also suggest wearing a diaper or at least sitting near a bathroom while you read this, because you will literally be wetting your pants from laughter. No joke. A+.

12 comments:

Mrs. Nezbit said...

This is a must!

Allison Stepan said...

Ha ha I remember how funny the first page was! I can't wait to read the book.

LMW said...

I totally want to read this!

Sam Sparks said...

Flint really did pee his/her pants while reading this . . I was with her . . JUST KIDDING! I LOVE this book!

Soap! said...

Sounds hilarious! Why is it so easy to make fun of the Twilight series?

Keauna Bain said...

I love this book! aahh! It's so hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruton Gaster said...

I always thought that the twilight series was overrated, this seems like a great book!

Anonymous said...

i loooooove this book, it is soooo good and funny i want to read it again and again and again

Tree Tree Tree Bush/ Ellipses Master said...

I might read twilight first, so this book is more funny.

DJHannahJedi said...

My friend was reading this in math and bursted out in giggles! I have to read it, because it sounds so hilarious and awesome!

chocolatetot said...

I read it, not being allowed to read the real series, made this book even more funny! best book ever! loved it!

Jess! said...

I read the entire Twilight series so I'm really excited to read this book! I overhead part of it being read aloud and now I have to finish it!