Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Sunflower

The Sunflower, by Richard Paul Evans is an awesome book, and the coolest thing about it is that it's a true story! In this book the main character, Christine, is ditched at the alter and her best friend Jessica signs them both up to go to Peru on a humanitarian trip; without telling Christine beforehand, of course. So, they go to Peru, and start their trip at an old Hacienda converted to an orphanage. It's called The Sunflower, hence the name. Anyway, Christine meets this person, named Paul, who is running the orphanage and they fall in love. Then through a series of rather unfortunate events Paul ends up leading Christine's group through the rain forest.
This book is all about trust and how when love is right, it always works out, kind of cheesy right? Anyway, it is very well written and is very clean, nothing bad at all. At some parts I was nervous that it was about to get bad, but it never did. Other than being morally clean it had an amazing plot that can't be matched.
I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn't mind romance, loves adventure and likes to learn about foreign cultures. The Sunflower includes encounters with savage tribes in the rain forest and creepy incidences with wild animals, such as spiders, snakes, crocodiles and much, much more.
I came across this book by a recommendation from my Aunt, I was a little reluctant to read it; because of the general type of books she reads, but it turned out great anyways. Overall I loved this book, and for that and many more reasons, I give The Sunflower an A.

5 comments:

spartagirl said...

wow....definitley sounds good, but also almost too fictional to be a true story, but that's why it's a book now right?

X5-452 said...

It sounds like a great book! I'm going to have to add it to my summer reading list. Great review!

Anonymous said...

Aw i love romance! This book sounds cute. It's a realistic fairytale hmmm... I think I might read this. It sounds interesting..(:

Mrs. Nezbit said...

I would have never picked up this book but I think it sounds great after the review! Despite the saying, I judged it by it's cover :) but now it's contents sound very good.

Sam Sparks said...

Sounds pretty awesome . . . I think I might try it. Thanks!