Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Mediator :)


The Haunted Mediator by Meg Cabot is unlike any other book I have read. WARNING! You have to read the other 5 books in order to understand what's going on... Just thought I'd warn you :). Also, thre are very few swear words and alot of death. BUt it isnt gross or very descriptive. The main character of this book, Susannah Simon, is a superhero. Not like Superman, I mean she doesn't run around in spandex or catch bullets with her eyelids. No, she see's the dead. Now you're probably thinking, "Gosh, so boring!" Well what she does with the dead is unbelieveable. (HENCE THE FICTION *cough cough*). Suze, she refuses to be called Susannah except by her centry old boyfriend (I'll explain that later!) and her mother, is what we call a mediator. She sends the dead who haven't moved onto Heaven, to Heaven. But along the way she meets serial killers, pysco revengful murderers, oh and a certain boy who wants to kill her and kiss her at the same time... That one person is Paul Slater.

Now Paul Slater may not sound evil, but in book 4 Paul tried to killl Suze. But let's begin at book 1. Suze and her mother lived together in New York City, just the two of them. Her father comitted suicid right in front of her when she was around 6. Since about then she has been able to talk to ghost and help them move along. Granted her father still pops in on her every now and then to see how she is holding up, and each time he refuses to allow her to move hime along to Heaven. She is now 17, has done over hundreds of mediations since then and has grown. Her mother has married Andy and has moved her to sunny California. Once there she realized two things. One, she gain 3 stepbrothers, Dopey, Sleepy, and Doc, plus a stepfather. You'd have thought that being ripped from her old home and life, shipped out to an entire new world and finding a (her words not mine...) sexy ghost in her bedroom would phase a woman. NoPe. Like I said, Suze is a regular Wonder Woman. Things take a durastic change when a former student at her school comes back for a vistit, although this time she's dead and no one can see or hear her. Her name is Heather and she killed herself all because her boyfriend dumped her. All in all, the poor girl was literally crazy in love. Now Suze must face facts and accept that ghost will follow her everywhere, not just in New York.

I really really really love this series! Suze is sarcastic, smart, really funny, and reminds me of my friends. But do not puck any of these books up before you go to bed cause you will find yourself being forced to read them to the end. Hope ya enjoy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.
I can't even tell you how many times I've seen girls carrying this book around school. At first I thought it was way annoying, because I'm easily annoyed.
ANYWAYS,
now I can see why sooo many people are reading this book! I'll definitely have to start at the beginning of the series.
Shelby, i KNEW this was yours before I even looked at the name haha! Well anyways, thanks a ton!<3

X5-452 said...

I've had this book recommended to me several times, but haven't found the time to read it yet. It's deffinately something that I'm going to move to the top of my reading list.